Harby Happy Harvest | Raspberry & Apricot Jam
The villages first mention is back in the 1080s when was called Herdebi.
From the Iron Age to the current day, the village has always deemed to be agricultural in nature. However, it did take part in both the agricultural and the industrial revolutions of the 18th and 19th centuries. It was a hive of industry. The village even had its own brewery, and the village supported three pubs; the Nags Head, White Hart and the Marquis of Granby.
The canal arrived in 1798 aiding in the transportation of Leicestershire ironstone and agricultural goods. Some 30 years later the mill was built next to the canal and six years after that, a Granary.
The railway arrived in 1879 and took some of the pressure off the canal for the carting of ironstone.
Harby Happy Harvest, celebrates the above traditions by being a product manufactured on the edge of the village